Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Thanks for stopping by

Just a quick thanks to everyone who left comments on my first post.

Dionna: I'm not sure I like the fact that you use "babe" and "no brain" in the same sentence.

Angela (my favorite daughter in law): Please don't call me a 'blogger', I prefer 'Online Columnist'. Also, maybe I should have stopped after that post, it seems unlikely that I will ever reach anything higher than 327/328. I may have peaked to early here.

Tamie: Hello there, if you read the Africa book, then you know what you are getting into here. In that case, I'd have to say that you are the brave one.

Jen: Shhhh!, it's not a diary. It's more like 'Letters to the Editor'. Where not only am I the Editor, but I'm also the only one who can post. Kinda like talking to myself in front of a lot of people, I guess.

Steve: Do I know you? I think your '300' is a bit high. I give myself somewhere around 200-250.

As for the 'stare down', I assume you are talking about one of the photos. There are three possibilities:

1)African Elephant:
I won the stare down, but then he got angry, trumpeted and snorted. I quickly broke eye contact and took a seat in my slightly wet pants. If you weren't talking about the elephant, please disregard the previous thought

2)Peruvian Girl:
Easy peasy, I took her down and went on to my next contest without even blinking in between.

3)Pale dude in the Louve:
It was a great contest. One for the ages. I mean, here is this guy who has stared down people for hundreds of years. In walked an unsuspecting American (me). From across the room I caught a glimpse of him and thought to myself "Hey, are you lookin' at me?". We locked eyes and the contest was on! Six hours, 32 minutes and 14 seconds later, with tears running down my cheeks and eyes burning, security carried me out and closed down for the night. I did blink as they put me in a headlock, so you might say I lost. But then again, he was kinda STONED, so his reflexes were slow anyway.

I won 2 out of 3. Any other questions?

2 comments:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Excuse me, but did you not notice that I was trying to be funny by copying Dionna and what she said...so technically I did not call you a blogger, your wife did! Ha!